Top 5 Advantages of Security Cameras
In this techno-oriented world, everything is going wireless, even home security. People who are concerned about neighborhood security know when and where to install a home security camera system. Such a system allows you to record activities going on inside as well as around the home in the absence of the homeowner.
Types of Security Cameras
There are different types of security cameras and knowing what each type offers can help you make an informed decision.
Traditional Camera: This is not as expensive as other cameras and can be added to existing home security system. The drawback is the limited vantage point it offers.
IR Security Camera: This camera has the ability to capture images regardless of the amount of ambient light. However, this technology is quite advanced and hence, such a camera can be expensive. Furthermore, this camera just captures black and white images, making it difficult to identify perpetrators from the images.
IP Home Security Camera: It is the wireless camera that lets you monitor your home from a remote location. Although expensive, it can be used indoor and outdoor effortlessly.
Dome Camera: This type of camera is used extensively in residential and commercial settings. It has a wide vantage point with clear images and is available in varying sizes, include small, covert ones.
Top 5 Reasons to Get a Wireless Security Camera
There are numerous advantages associated with security cameras. Some of the reasons to secure your home with such a camera are as follows:
1. Instant Alerts. This is the greatest benefit associated with a wireless security system. It has the capability to connect to the system and monitor service online. The latest technology also enables you to monitor and recordings through your tablet and smartphone. The slightest trigger provides instant notifications right away to the homeowner and the security agency. This allows prompt action without wasting time.
2. Wire-free. The conventional security camera used to be plugged into the wall and connected to the telephone line. Well, burglars are smart and know how to cut the lines and gain unlawful entry inside your property. Wireless security systems let you monitor your home without power lines and phones. This is because they use mobile phone frequencies and their batteries are designed to last anywhere from 3 to 5 years. This basically means the wireless security system will do the job even if the power or phone lines are cut or malfunctioning.
3. Home Automation. This is yet another feature of home security systems that is very popular. The home automation feature in these systems allows you to lock the doors, switch on and off the lights, as well as arm and disarm the security system from a distance. However, home automation is not something that you can use only when you are away from home. It can be used to, even while you are home. This prevents you from getting out of bed to check whether you remembered to close the front door before going to sleep.
4. Interactive Monitoring. A wireless security camera can be connected to a tablet or mobile phone to enjoy self monitoring. This feature allows you to watch live video feeds from every single camera set up in different corners of your home. The exterior cameras help you detect prospective dangers. Besides, you can also watch your kids arrive home safely from the school.
5. Home Insurance. It is a wellÂknown fact, that most insurance companies offer attractive discounts on home insurance if you take measures to safeguard it. If you add detection sensors, like carbon monoxide and fire detector, or install a wireless security camera system around your home, you could save significantly on your home insurance premium.
If you are worried about the safety of your loved ones and assets, you should seriously consider getting a feature-laden home security camera system. It will offer you peace of mind and ensure your family and valuables get the security they deserve.