The child’s safety is of the utmost importance and, there are several rules of thumb to follow to make sure your child is safe.
Having an alarm system in your Tallahassee home is one of the surest ways for you and your child to feel secure. There are many different alarm systems to consider. This includes home alarm monitoring, home security cameras, and wireless home security systems. You can get a professional home security audit to help you determine what type of alarm system would best suit your needs.
In addition to the safety and security, an alarm system in Tallahassee can benefit you in other ways.
- Guaranteed 45-second response
- High-tech command center
- Instant email notification
- 96 zone monitoring system
- High-speed internet monitoring
- Intelligent 230-event keypad
- Radio back-up system
- Homeowner’s insurance discount
- Two-way communicator
- Highest-level UL certification
You need to make sure that you teach your child exactly how theÂ alarm system in your Tallahassee home works and review the process regularly.
Although an alarm system is the best security, it is also very important to set some rules and put a plan in place in the event of an emergency. There are several steps that you can take to make sure that your child is secure.
- First make sure you feel your child is mature enough to be home alone and ask your child if they feel ready to handle the responsibility.
- Set very specific rules for the time the child is alone. Will they be allowed to cook? Can friends come over? Can they leave the house for any reason?
- Make a list of chores and activities to keep your child busy while they are home alone.
- Make an emergency phone number list and post it by at least one phone.Â Include 9-1-1, parent cell phone and work numbers, and numbers for trusted adult friends and neighbors.
- Also, post the home address. In an emergency, a panicked child can forget phone numbers and addresses.
- Make sure flashlights are available and working. Have a first aid kit handy and make sure it has all necessary items.
- All poisons like cleaners, detergents and pesticides should be out of reach and locked up.
- Medicines should also be locked up.
- Make sure that smoke alarms and CO2 detectors are working.
- In the event of a fire, make sure your child knows exactly what to do. Have regular fire drills and determine a meeting place.
Children need to understand that their safety, in many ways, will depend on their being smart and making good choices. The alarm system TallahasseeÂ should make them feel secure, but they also need to keep on their toes.
- Carry your house key in a secure place where you won’t lose it. If you use a code to get in your house, memorize it but still write it down and keep it in a secure place.
- Call your parent as soon as you get home.
- Never talk to strangers at the house. Do not open the door to anyone you do not know. If there is someone around your house who is making you nervous call your parent.
- If a delivery comes, ask them to leave the package at the door or to come back at another time.
- Never tell someone who calls on the phone that you are home alone. Tell them “my parent is busy right now but I can take a message and have them call you back.”
- Be very careful about who knows you are home alone. Do not post anything on social network sites about being home alone.
- Don’t go outside by yourself unless you have made arrangements to go to a friend’s house and they know you are coming and what time you will be there.
- Don’t have friends over unless your parents have said it is okay.
With a little planning, clear communication between you and your child, and a good home security system you can give yourself some peace of mind. You will have the benefit of knowing that you have done everything you can to keep your child safe when they are home alone.