We inherently trust that we will be safe inside our homes. The moment we step in the front door of our own property, we let down our guard because we know we’ve made it to a safe place. That sense of security is created by investing in security measures like solid doors, effective window locks, and a reliable home security system. With all the options on the market, it can be confusing to know how to choose the security plan that suits us best.
Before the Store
Before you start shopping around for a security plan and system, sit down and take stock of some important questions. Without having answers to the following questions, you risk buying too much – or too little – in the way of security plan coverage and equipment.
- How large is my home? What is the square footage? How many floors do I have?
- What do I need to protect? How many windows and doors to the outside do I have? Do I have outbuildings I want to protect as well?
- How would I like it installed? Do I intend to do it myself, or would I prefer to turn to professional installation?
- What routines do my family have? How do I believe a security plan will fit into this?
- How much do I want to spend?
Features for Optimal Security
We all have our own expectations for what a security plan will mean to us. Similarly, we all have hopes for how we might enhance our lives with a home security system. These days, a security system does far more than prevent home invasions. It can inform us when packages arrive, tell us when our kids come home from school, and much more. Understanding these goals can help us decide what security plan is right for us.
- Security systems now tie into and enhance smart home automation. You can monitor smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, watch for visitors, program lights to turn on and off while you are gone, and remotely unlock the door, or provide a unique code, for anyone caring for your house while you are away.
- Security equipment plays an important role in your security plan. Cameras, glass break detectors, and other equipment can ease your concerns about break-ins and theft.
- Professional monitoring can offer you peace of mind, especially if you work or travel away from home. These affordable plans can provide you with round-the-clock awareness of what happens on your property.
- A security plan can send alerts to your smartphone, and give you control in the palm of your hand.
SafeTouch Has Security Plans to Suit All Needs
Whether you need help tightening up your home security or want to outfit your home with the most robust security monitoring in the industry, SafeTouch Security can help. Contact us today for a free quote!