We are managing more deliveries to our homes now than ever before.
According to a survey of 2,000 Americans by Alarm.com, the average person now receives 10 home deliveries a month. This is a 60% increase from the pre-pandemic average of 6, which is a trend that is likely here to stay.
People are getting deliveries for the same things as before – clothing, electronics, food – but we are seeing an increase in the adoption of ordering essentials like groceries, toiletries, and other household items.
Some other important statistics to note as deliveries continue to increase:
- – 53% of people have ordered a delivery to support a local business in the last year.
- – 48% say that home deliveries feel safer than shopping in stores.
- – 44% say that deliveries are more convenient.
- – 70% say that they appreciate delivery workers more than they used to.
However the survey also showed that people are still worried about who’s at the door.
- – 68% of people say they don’t open the door unless they’re certain they know who is on the other side.
- – 35% wait until delivery drivers leave before they open the door.
- – 31% are worried about potential burglars posing as delivery drivers to case their homes.
- – 41% say they don’t trust that visitors are always who they say they are.
With this huge demand for delivery services, and wariness of who is at the door, it is easy to see why monitoring the front door is so important: not only to decrease the likelihood of package theft, but also to keep your home and family safe.
A great way to keep track of who is coming and going, and when deliveries arrive, is with a smart doorbell camera. These cameras activate when they detect activity or when someone pushes the doorbell chime. You can receive alerts on your smartphone to tell you when someone is at the door. Better still, you can see who it is from the convenience of your phone screen, and you can speak to them through a speaker on the doorbell.
Frequent faces can even be stored in a database that will send you a custom alert when these people arrive. You also have the ability to review footage and even save it in case you need it to share with neighbors or law enforcement. Not only can you receive an alert when your package is delivered, you can give delivery drivers instructions through the speaker.
Contact us for more information on a doorbell camera to keep your home and loved ones safe.