Choosing a security system for your home is a big decision, and it’s important to know what to look for before you make your final choice. It may seem overwhelming because of all the new features that are available today, but with a little help, you can find exactly what you need and make your decision with confidence.
Security System Features to Consider
With so many advancements in technology, today’s security systems barely resemble the security systems of 10 years ago. There are a range of new features that are now available, which include:
- Burglar Alarm – Burglar alarms not only alert you if someone breaks into the home, they can also scare a burglar away upon intruding, which can help minimize the amount of damage or property stolen.
- Doorbell Camera – This allows you to see and speak to people who ring your doorbell as they approach the door. It also allows you to remotely lock and unlock your doors and talk with guests before they enter your home.
- Outdoor Cameras – As the name implies, outdoor cameras keep an eye on what’s going on outside of your house. In the event of a break-in, an outdoor camera can help you identify the guilty party.
- Smart Home Automation System – Smart home automation is about more than just being able to turn your lights on with your voice. Today’s security systems provide some of the most advanced smart home products on the market, for example, the IQ Panel 2. This state-of-the-art panel allows you to automate important tasks like locking doors when you leave, turning on/off lights, and adjusting the thermostat automatically.
- Nanny Cameras – There may be specific parts of your home that you want to monitor closely, such as a nursery or the bedroom of an aging family member. Nanny cameras are perfect for that. They can keep your loved one safe, and, in the event of a crime, the footage may be useful in identifying the criminal.
Professional installation is a necessity for implementing a new security system. Not only does it provide peace of mind that your system is correctly installed, but it means your home is covered and monitored by a professional company with years of experience.
Get Help Choosing the Best Security System for Your Home
With so many options, choosing a security system can seem overwhelming. This can prevent some people from getting one at all. At SafeTouch Security, we help find the right fit for your home and your family. Contact us today to learn more!